Monday 12 December 2011

Tree

We've trimmed the tree!

But before that came all the other traditions...

We picked out the tree...
I paid for the tree...
I brought home the tree...
I attempted to fit our stand to the tree...
I assembled various blunt tools before the tree...
I hacked bits off the ridiculously think trunk of the needle retentive type tree...
I again attempted to fit the stand on the tree...
I swore at the tree...
I hacked more from the tree...
I finally affixed the stand to the tree...
I stepped back from the tree...
I found myself leaning to one side mirroring the angle of the tree...
I threatened the tree...
I removed the stand from the tree...
I performed more surgery on the tree...
I put the the stand once more on the tree...
I said a silent prayer before stepping back again from the tree...
I saw all was well with the tree...
I wrestled for ten minutes with the plastic mesh that encased the tree...
I spent a further ten minutes removing the dead leaves and other forest detritus from within the recesses of the tree...
I attached weighty objects (such as books, shoes, pets, etc.) to pull down the branches of the tree...
I retrieved from the far corner of the attic the decorations for the tree...
I untangled the lights for the tree...
I openly wept tears of thanks that the lights worked beneath the now bowing branches of the tree...
I removed all tools, sawdust, bits of trunck, weights and pets from vicinity of the tree...
I called the family to the tree...
I shifted 'a little to the left' the tree...
I shifted 'back to where it was before' the tree...
I rotated it 90 degrees to show the better branches of the tree...
I vetoed the idea of finding another location within the house for the tree...
We all said how prefect was the tree...
I whispered "I wont say anything if you don't" to the tree...

We trimmed the tree...

-----

No comments:

Post a Comment